Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blogpost #11

Movie tape real with flowers in itImage via Wikipedia
I really enjoyed this video. I am so excited about getting into a classroom and using Ms. Cassidy's computer center idea. I also liked how she said you should use the computer for what you are most interested in. I would love to do a yearbook video for the entire school year at whatever school I am at. I think that would be cool and we could also raise money for the school with the end of the year video. I have Windows Live Movie Maker on my PC and didn't even know it until today. I plan on using it to make my Book Trailer for class. I played with it for about 3 hours today, trying it out. My kids think it is "AWESOME!"
The questions the students asked were interesting and very good questions. I liked how Ms. Cassidy gave the Phys. ED student ideas of how to use phone texting to cancel and reschedule practices. We all know that most teenagers have cell phones, so why not use the technology for this purpose. I also liked the topic on cheating. I really liked how she emphasized the difference between collaborating and cheating. If you put it in your own words it is collaborating. 
She also discussed protecting children.  I really liked her idea of not tagging photos with names and only using first names. I would probably just let them make up fake names; favorite super-hero, movie star, or character names. She also discussed appropriate blogging comments. Only comment nice stuff and do not ever say anything mean. I know that little girls are caddy by the 4th grade, sometimes earlier. Encourage positive comments all the time. I am so excited to incorporate all the things I am learning about in the class and the interview with Ms. Cassidy just made me even more excited.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this video too. I love the idea of a yearbook video, it would raise a lot of money for the school. I plan to use email and texting as reminders of important information. Most elementary school children have cell phones now, so it would be a great idea. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read that you will be attempting to incorporate some of Mrs. Cassidy's ideas in your classroom.

    “Little Kids Big Potential” is the perfect title for this video. This is an awesome demonstration of a couple of important things about kids and technology. First of all, young kids are not uncomfortable using technology and secondly, technology allows young kids to learn tasks like writing, reading, and specific subject matter in multiple ways at the same time. Using computers for these students will be as common and automatic as using pencil and paper was for students 10 years before. Mastering these tools early on prepares these students for more enhanced and efficient learning in the future. SS

    ReplyDelete