Wednesday, November 3, 2010

C4K #3-#7

I did not realize that we had to create a single blog for each additional "comments 4 kids." I already commented and posted something about blog #3. It was on Christopher Columbus. Check it out. http://solanololaedm310.blogspot.com/2010/10/c4k-3-assignment.html
Dandelion

#4 C4K was a child named Nicole in New Zealand. She restarted her blog page and wrote about why she chose the theme of her background for her blog page. I commented and told her that the one she chose was the first one I chose. It had dandelions on the page. I told her that I did not know the names of those flowers until I googled them. I just know as a child (and as an adult) I like to blow those flowers and watch them float in the air.


#5 I did not realize there was a double blog post on this assignment. I only commented on Shaw Shaw and missed Alan B. I did go back and comment on Alan B's blog. He was having a bad morning because his little brother woke up at 5:30am scared and he couldn't go back to sleep. I just told him I wake up at 2am all the time and cannot go back to sleep until around 4 am.  Then I am tired the rest of the day because my oldest child is in middle school and he gets up at 5:30am. I usually am tired the rest of the day.
I liked Shaw Shaw's thoughts on oppressed women. I read most of the comments (that other students of EDM310 posted) and I was interested in what Amani Alloul had to say "The primary goal of Middle Eastern women is to get married and serve their husbands." I wonder if she truly believes this now that she has had the "privilege" to receive an education. I had the opportunity to interact with women like Amani this past Spring while going to the gym. It was an all woman's gym. They would come in with their head wraps on and full body coverings then immediately strip down to work out. One lady was so delightful and cheery. She cut loose in the gym dancing and getting into the workouts. It was interesting to see this side of her and I wondered if her life was different at home. I never had the opportunity to get to know her because the gym shut down shortly after I joined.

Full Moon

#6
I am something that comes out at night.
I am up high in the sky.
You can see me.
I am not on fire like the other things you see in the sky.
What am I?




#7 What would you name this picture? Alba Shunkshark was asking us to help her name her picture that she took on the USS Alabama Battleship. She is a student at Alba Middle School here in Mobile, Alabama. I told her she took a great picture and she should name it "How many circles?"

No comments:

Post a Comment