Tuesday, October 5, 2010

C4T-Teacher #2

Morgan Bayda and farmer in Costa Rica

My new teacher assignment was on Morgan Bayda. She is a teacher from Regina, Saskatchewan. She traveled to Costa Rica and posted pictures of her time there. She did so many things. She listed all she did. Here is her list "plant, grow, build, harvest, teach, sew, lift, dig, paint, research, cook, clean, connect and play." Her pictures do not capture her entire adventure, but if you read the rest of her blog posts you can experience her adventures through her words. 

For my second post I had to go back in time. I read one of Morgan's older posts about her run in with poachers on the beach of Costa Rica while trying to protect turtles.  She said that they would pass poachers and could do nothing, because there was a rule of first come first serve. So, if the volunteers made it to the turtles first they could protect them. If the poachers beat them, well poor turtle. Very sad. Her blog post made me feel as if I were right there with her experiencing it all. You should really check out her blog  Morgan Bayda's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment